Saturday, June 25, 2016

Eight years of blogging

I put up my first post 8 years ago today. Co-blogger ASM826 also started posting at his old place around the same time.

Seems a long time ago.

But all y'all have left nearly 40,000 comments (!) here, and I'm very grateful for that.

_______________________________________________
Update and addition:

Borepatch commented and linked to my 3rd post. I had just started blogging and had no idea if I was writing a personal journal or if I would find a voice that people would read. I wrote that day about the rifle range at Parris Island and my memories. 

My youngest son was in boot camp and I was thinking of him and the experiences he was having. Eight years have passed. In that time that son completed his enlistment, graduated from community college, and recently moved to Colorado.

5 comments:

Guffaw in AZ said...

My heartfelt congratulations to you both!
You are both good, kind and loyal.

THANK YOU!

gfa

BWBandy said...

Congrats on eights years. Interesting posts.

Rev. Paul said...

Congrats to you both. My 8-year mark was in March, and it's tougher and tougher to come up with anything new to say.

doubletrouble said...

Congrats on the blogiversaries, da bote of ewe.
How many years is that in people years?

drjim said...

Congrats, guys!