Saturday, December 22, 2012

Rascal Flatts with SheDaisy - Twist Of The Magi

(Image source)
I must admit that I'm not a Rascal Flatts fan.  Sure, they've sold a bazillion albums with their pseudo (that means fake) Country-Pop sound.  Not a fan.  But this is the season for us to ponder the birth of a Redeemer, and so in that spirit we see that even one gravely sinned against can still forgive.

At a price.

SheDaisy is an incredibly talented trio of sisters who write and perform their own Country songs.  Here at Camp Borepatch, we're huge fans although it must be admitted that they too shade to the commercial Country Pop side of the aisle.  But this song perfectly captures the spirit of Redeemer's Grace that is so needed in this jaded, commercialized season.  It's one of my favorite Christmas songs, even with Rascal Flatts.  Yeah, it's that good.



Twist Of The Magi (Songwriters: Kristyn Osborn, Marcus Hummon)
Shedaisy: I sold your Rolex
To buy that gold Versace dress
Rascal Flatts: I set free your whiny French poodle
So you could get your beauty rest

And I did it all for you
I did it all (I did it all) for you
This Christmas (This Christmas)
All your dreams (All your dreams)
Will come true

Rascal Flatts: I put your mother on a greyhound (you did what?)
You always hoped she'd have the chance to see the world-now she can
Shedaisy: I torched your Sports Illustrated swimsuit issues (No, no, no,no)
So I could be your only girl-and now I am

And I did it all for you
I did it all (I did it all) for you
This Christmas (This Christmas)
All your dreams (All your dreams)
Will come true

Shedaisy: How can I forget
All you've done for me
I'll get you yet
Rascal Flatts: This is the season to give
But I can never forgive the damage that you've done
(Damage that you've done)
This must be love

Shedaisy: I sank your bass boat (Not my bass boat, no, no, no)
So you'd have more time to spend with me
Rascal Flatts: I hocked your grandma's diamond earrings (AHHHHH!)
For the down payment on my SUV
Shedaisy: Fully loaded, heated seats, in hunter green-is this for me?

And I did it all for you
I did it all (I did it all) for you
This Christmas (This Christmas)
All your dreams (All your dreams)
Will come true
This Holiday season, may the spirit of Our Redeemer shine down on you and yours.  May that spirit inform your response even to all that they do for you.  Especially to all that they do for you.

2 comments:

JD(not the one with the picture) said...

Gary LeVox is the anti-Christ.

greg said...

Well, I've made my opinins about Shedaisy known around her before, and I agree that even Rascal Flat's doesn't have the power to bring them down.

I will stick to my opinion that this CD(Brand New Year) is the Best Christmas CD I have ever bought, and probably a Top 5 Collection of Christmas Songs.