Tuesday, December 18, 2012

This just in

I found myself cooking for two teenage boys. I made my "Bacon cornbread with BBQ fried corn with bacon" (check my "food" tag). This time I used grits instead of cornmeal, because that's what I had.

The boys snarled it down. Probably fed then for $5. And I caught one licking the plate (srsly). I'm so proud.

I like cornbread made with grits a *lot* more than with cornmeal. It has a LOT more texture than cornmeal.

Oh yeah, bacon is good too.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

4 comments:

Rev. Paul said...

Certainly sounds good to me.

Anonymous said...

There is no second amendment protecting Bacon and they will come for your Bacon first.

Spelling Fairy said...

*them

Borepatch said...

Spelling Fairy, at times like these I fall back under the protection of Mr. Emerson: "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of small minds".

And autocomplete is not your friend ...

;-)