Sunday, December 16, 2012

Mental Health break

It's easy to get overwhelmed with the bad news that is screamed so hysterically at us.  It's easy to become cynical, and to doubt the good faith and yes, the humanity of our fellow men.  I must confess that I succumb to this myself from time to time.  It makes me ranty, and while I've been accused of being "unreasonably civilized", I still feel like the Angels of my Better Nature don't often sing.  At least lately.

These Angels of our Better Nature do sing.  This is perhaps the best thing that you will see all day.



I love watching the audience.  The surprise of the "random acts of culture" peels away the cynical, hardened veneer of getting through the day to reveal a humanity that is entirely appealing.  These people get what's going on, in an entirely unironic way.  They are the ones that the Cultural Elite likes to sneer at.  That tells you everything that you need to know about the Cultural Elite.

There, I managed to turn an entirely inspiring, humanity-redeeming moment into a rant.  Good think that I'm "unreasonably civilized."

5 comments:

Dave H said...

That was a nice touch with the couple and the baby.

Rev. Paul said...

People are still decent and appreciate decent things - for the most part. It's only the elitists who deny all that, and I'm thoroughly sick of them.

Borepatch said...

Rev. Paul, amen.

goober said...

Generally speaking I'm not a huge fan of Christmas music. Only a few traditionalsongs are on my "like" list. O holy night sets the nape of my neck to tingling and my heart to beating every time I hear it. It is one of the few that truly nail the reverence of the moment. Fall on your knees, indeed.

I love the organic and spontaneous nature of these things. No government organization needed. Just add everyday folks that aren't too cool or arrogant to be part of something more than them, and enjoy.

Jennifer said...

Well done!