Wednesday, November 7, 2012

What a fun evening

(written at 22:05 last evening your time)

Many thanks to frequent commenter Broken Andy and buddy down in Atlanta for power geeky IETF meeting.  Not only was shooting a blast, but Internet power geeking at dinner was maybe even more fun.  Remember SCAP - it's the new security hotness.

And I'm sort of blown away to find people who had as many obscure unix-like Operating Systems on 5 1/4" floppy as I did.

I must confess that part of the pleasure of the evening was to completely ignore the election.  As I write, I have no idea who the new President will be.  I dare say that I'll know by the time you read this.  But it was nice to get away from the craziness.

4 comments:

AnarchAngel said...

In order to be the new hotness, it needs to stop being the new jokeness, or the new brokeness.

Hell... If we can actually get some vendors to agree how it should work, and how they should work with it...

agirlandhergun said...

Awesome! Andy is good people.

Roscoe said...

Recoil therapy - I'll have to remember that one. Sounds like lots more fun than staring at the TV all night.

Broken Andy said...

Uh oh! SCAP war brewing in the threads!

Borepatch, it was great meeting you. That was an awesome evening of shooty goodness and power geekness. Gonna go home and see if I can dig out my RT AIX floppies.