Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Giving thanks

We're entering the season where we traditionally meditate on what's behind us and what's ahead of us.  Those who've lived (or are living) through life speaking in its Outdoors Voice experience this in a way different from that those blessed not to have walked that road.

A Girl And Her Gun brings a meditation to us for this season:
In the past few months we have once again been made aware of the cruelties of life.  A friend’s daughter tried to kill herself, others that we know are dealing with the memories of a life of value, but not without sacrifice. Our daughter’s teenage friends are struggling and looking for comfort in a very scary and changing world. I had an old friend call me today. I actually had two old friends call me.Things are not always what they seem.

Today my daughter who was home sick from school was playing music on her phone and the song that stood out to me was this one. I must have listened to it 20 times. I included the words and highlighted what stood out to me as it pertained to the folks in my life struggling.
I find myself frequently saying to myself that she is one of the bloggers who has drunk deep from the cup of wisdom.  Hers is a post that makes me think.   Another post that makes me think.  As does the song which while not the traditional redneck fare you find here, carries not just the tune and the words, but the mood and the message.

RTWT, and meditate on your own loved ones, this holiday season.

2 comments:

agirlandhergun said...

Thank you for the kind words.

Wishing you and yours a very blessed Thanksgving!

Old NFO said...

Good point BP.