Thursday, January 22, 2009

Mathematician Terrorists

Since all the cool kids are doing it, here goes:

At John F. Kennedy International Airport today, a Caucasian male (later discovered to be a high school mathematics teacher) was arrested trying to board a flight while in possession of a compass, a protractor and a graphical calculator.

According to law enforcement officials, he is believed to have ties to the Al-Gebra network. He will be charged with carrying weapons of math instruction.
And just to show that we don't only discriminate against mathematicians, here's an engineer joke:
An engineer was crossing a road one day when a frog called out to him and said, "If you kiss me I'll turn into a beautiful princess." He bent over, picked up the frog and put it in his pocket.

The frog spoke up again and said, "If you kiss me and turn me back into a beautiful princess, I will stay with you for one week." The engineer took the frog out of his pocket, smiled at it and returned it to the pocket.

The frog then cried out, "If you kiss me and turn me back into a princess, I'll stay with you and do ANYTHING you want." Again the engineer took the frog out, smiled at it and put it back into his pocket. Finally, the frog asked, "What is the matter? I've told you I'm a beautiful princess, that I'll stay with you for a week and do anything you want. Why won't you kiss me?"

The engineer said, "Look I'm an engineer. I don't have time for a girlfriend, but a talking frog, now that's cool."
Actually, a talking frog is kind of cool. Just wash your hand when he's done ...

3 comments:

doubletrouble said...

Baddum. Tissh!

This is turning into an awful thing, it is...

Borepatch said...

Thank you, thank you. I'm here all week ...

Eagle said...

So, where's the joke about the talking frog that got bit by his dog?

Well???

(laughing!)