Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Editing home video in Linux

I'm a bit rushed (what's new at work?), so I'll be brief, but Liberty is in a jam, looking for some cool Open Source goodness to edit vidz from his Handycam.

The Gimp is my preferred image editing software (you can see my chicken scratching here).  It's a free, full featured image editor perfect for doing up Presidential Campaign Bumperstickers and what not.  But it's for still images only.

Except it's Open Source, which means that all kinds of people add their own code.  Code like video editing.  Seems like lots of people:
ObDisclaimer: I haven't run any of this, and some of it may not work.  But The Gimp is Teh Awesome, so I wouldn't be at all surprised if you find just what you need here.

Liberty, I hope I've defended my geeky Linux cred here.

No comments: