Saturday, September 10, 2016

Garth Brooks - The Dance

My Father-In-Law's burial reminded me of Dad's.  The military does the services with a precision that comes from repetition.  I posted this song once before, about how I used to roll my eyes at the maudlin lyrics.  I was young and foolish at the time, and hadn't been through loss that was so, well, final.

But life is for the living.  We know that the song will someday end, but ours plays on for now.  Seize the day.  Even now envious time is fleeing.

5 comments:

Goober said...

I sing this song like a boss.

selsey.steve said...

It's the Last Post which always gets dust in my eyes. Carried twi very good friends out of Church to the strains of this bugle call. Hard to see your way, sometimes.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=McCDWYgVyps

selsey.steve said...

Damned dust!
It should be TWO!
Steve

libertyman said...

Well expressed and thoughtful.
As always.

Old NFO said...

Amen...