Saturday, October 19, 2013

Bob Seger - Roll Me Away

Country music, it's said, sings stories of something that's happened to you.  Or to someone you know.  Or what you might like to happen.  This isn't country music, but Lordy, it's firing on all cylinders.  You'll want to turn the volume up on this.  If you have bluetooth speakers for your helmet, well, that's just icing on the cake.



I don't know that this isn't the greatest motorcycle song ever recorded, but I don't know that it's not.  Now if all y'all will excuse me, it's a beautiful morning, and I'm going for a ride.
Gotta keep rollin, gotta keep ridin',
keep searchin' till I find what's right
And as the sunset faded
I spoke to the faintest first starlight
And I said next time
Next time
We'll get it right

3 comments:

Mark Philip Alger said...

Still it's telling that some of Seeger's biggest hits from covers have been Rodney Crowell songs.

M

AnarchAngel said...

I have that exact same helmet as my alternate helmet.

Unknown said...

Bob Seger wrote "Roll Me Away".

Crowell wrote "Shame On The Moon"

Bob Seger is the greatest singer/songwriter in rock history.