Wednesday, March 26, 2014

New toy

Just replaced my 4 year old iPhone 3GS, with this:


Samsung Galaxy S4 Zoom.  It's an interesting combination of a "good enough" smart phone (phone, email, browser) and a "good enough" camera (13 Megapixel, 10x optical zoom, manual mode, selection of interesting "smart" modes like low light and panorama).

Been too busy to play with it much, but will fiddle with some night pictures this evening.  I have to say that it's been a while since I've seen a phone that I'm actually interested in playing with.

5 comments:

Dave H said...

I'm curious what the delay between "take the picture... take the picture... TAKE THE PICTURE DAMMIT!" and "Click" is. My long-in-the-tooth LG is a bit slow on the uptake, and so is my Panasonic camera.

Anonymous said...

Huh.

Huh.

I kinda like how that looks. My S3, about the only thing I can say that I still like about it a year and few months on is that it still takes great pictures (I'm pretty sure my other issues with it are because of Verizon and Android, not with Samsung).

Spike said...

Just picked up the Galaxy note 3. Big honk'n phone. Great implementation of android and lots of cool features that I'm discovering.

Much better than an Itoy, but I still miss my qwerty keyboard from my Motorola Droid 4.

Rick C said...

Spike, I have the Note 2. Turn on Swype and you'll soon forget your keyboard worries.

Jennifer said...

Anxious to see how it performs