Saturday, May 22, 2010

A Political Endorsement

I thought that this would be my first, but it looks like it's not. Oh well, it's the first in an election I can't vote in.

Borepatch endorses Young Boozer for Alabama State Treasurer. I encourage all Alabama residents to vote for him in the upcoming election.

Yes that's his real name, which is entirely Made Of Win:



Now it's all fun and games at the start, but what happens once the votes are all counted? I must admit that it was his name that drew me to his web site, but he sounds like my kind of guy:
"I want to use my 37 years of financial experience along with my educational background in Finance to safeguard our money. I am a conservative Republican who at my age does not want a political career or to use this position as a stepping stone.
Got to love a modern day Cincinnatus.

Also from his web site, discussing a poorly-conceived pre-paid student loan program that is (unsurprisingly) costing the State bushels of cash that nobody had planed on:
Putting a program of this type in place broke an important rule. Government should not guarantee the investment returns of an individual citizen.
Clearly, this man is a dangerous radical, and the People of Alabama would do well to send him to Montgomery in the Autumn. While I'm not a Republican (and not really a conservative), it seems that Treasurer is precisely the job where you want a conservative to keep the pols from (ahem) stretching the numbers a bit [*cough* Health Care Reform *cough*]. Would that we had men of his caliber up here in the People's Republic of Massachusetts.

Young Boozer - come for the name, stay for the responsible fiscal oversight!

No comments: