Monday, January 7, 2013

Dead goblin

I'm stealing Jay's thunder on this, but here's another example of why calling 911 isn't enough:
A home invasion robbery suspect died overnight when he jumped out a second-floor apartment window, apparently after his intended victims opened fire on the alleged intruders.

The incident happened at an apartment complex on Lancashire Circle near Stone Mountain.

Channel 2 Action News reported that a couple with two small children live in the apartment, and exchanged gunfire with the suspects.
Two small children in the apartment.  The Bad Guy broke his neck and his partner is charged with Felony Murder.

Like with the Mom who took her kids into the attack to hide, and who was stalked by the bad guy there, this is an example of the futility of relying on the Police to save your kids.

Jay, I think that this makes the count 358.

7 comments:

drjim said...

Always remember this about calling 911:
When seconds count, the police are only minutes away!

Anonymous said...

If that happened here (Australia) you wouldn't have a gun to defend your family and home with.
(Look up Port Arthur Massacre to see what justification was used to dis-arm us)
But if you did, you would be the one charged with assault and murder, and then the crim would be enabled to sue you for damages.
I saw long ago it's better to kill the bastard so at least he can't sue you.

Australia, the land of the the last great individualist.
He's my dog, Max.

Jay G said...

Actually, this is #350...

Goober said...

I have so much trouble explaining to my anti-gun acquaintances why I carry a gun and why I keep a loaded gun locked up in a quick-vault in my room. They tend to accuse me of fantasizing about shooting a bad guy and being a hero.

It doesn't matter to them how many examples like this you show, they just claim that you're at more risk of shooting yourself than you are of the bad guy (not true) or that your kid is more likely to get hold of it and hurt herself than it will be used to protect her (also not true).

How do you explain to someone who will literally scrap the Constitution in order to protect themselves from the miniscule risks associated with legal gun ownership and terrorism that they've focused on the wrong boogeyman?

Al Qaeda is not a risk to the average American. Billy-Bob the methhead IS. Yet they want the PATRIOT act to strip our 4th and 5th amendment rights to protect us from Al Qaeda while making fun of guys like me that are focusing on the real risks. They want to ban guns in America because less than 100 people died in the last decade in mass shootings, and make fun of me for worrying about Tooki from the 'hood who has harmed and killed THOUSANDS in the same time period.

I don't get it. How do you explain to someone who thinks I have a small dick and want to shoot someone so I can be a hero that I'm praying for peace, but preparing for war just in case?

drjim said...

Spot on, Goober!

Anonymous said...

And not only that, they're defending poor Tooki's "right" to be out on the street victimizing you! Insane!

Matt said...

Speak softly, but carry a big BOOMstick.