Thursday, January 24, 2013

Integrity

Via Sebastian and Graybeard, we find a company that puts its money where its mouth is.  I have to confess that I'd never much paid attention to Eastern Sports and Outdoor Show, even with their 200,000+ attendance.  Never made much of an impact in my life.  But Guntag Signature Seasonings was always there because it was a major part of their business life.  No more:
GUTNTAG, LLC WITHDRAWS FROM EASTERN SPORTS SHOW DUE TO BAN OF ASSAULT AND TACTICAL WEAPONS
GUTNTAG, LLC, announces its official withdraw from the 2013 Eastern Sports and Outdoor Show (ESOS).  Recently, Reed Exhibitions, veteran organizer of the ESOS, announced an assault and tactical weapons ban to be implemented at the largest show of its kind in the United States.

We have made the costly decision to withdraw because it is the right thing to do.  We are a young company that relies on this one venue to create our operating capital for the year; however we cannot support uninformed businesses caving to political pressures caused by broadly politicized events.   We proudly support the 2nd Amendment in the capacity for which it was intended; the right of citizens to keep and bear arms.  Our freedom to do so was not for hunting or competition shooting, but protection for law abiding citizens.

In the words of Thomas Jefferson, “No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.  The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.”  Friends, if we continue to give in inch-by-inch, we will find ourselves with no protection and a tyrannical government.
 Well said.  These folks are putting their business' existence on the line because they believe what they believe.  What I believe.  That's an integrity that I respect.

I respect it enough to order some of their seasonings.  I like doing business with people I like.  If you do, too, they have a 2nd Amendment Special.  Heh.

The down side: shipping is actually more than their product.  The up side: they make money without supporting those Quislings at the ESOS.  That's worth paying cash money for.  I'll post a review once their rub gets delivered.

7 comments:

lelnet said...

Shipping appears to be flat-rate regardless of how much you order. ($5.66 on an order that was $26.50 before the discount.)

Anyway, even in the unlikely event that I end up not liking their product, it'll be worth at least one order of this size just to thank them for their integrity. And in the far more likely case that I _do_ like their product? Yeah...they'll be getting a lot of my money.

And to think...if they'd gone ahead and gone to the show instead of pulling out as a protest, I'd probably have gone all the way to my grave never having heard of them.

Backwoods Engineer said...

I ordered 2 kinds of hot sauce from them last night, and also sent them a note to tell them why I ordered (their principled stance on the 2nd).

I got a very nice note, and they shipped my order last night!

Businesses like this deserve our patronage.

--The Backwoods Engineer

GUTNTAG, LLC said...

We appreciate your support and grateful for the plug! Enjoy the seasonings and let us know WHEN you need more! You're gonna love 'em!

GUTNTAG, Public Relations

Unknown said...

I ordered the In Season all purpose and a hat for the same reason. Support those who are willing to take a stand on the S.A. and take a financial hit for it.

Good on them!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for posting about them. I would never have heard about them otherwise. Just placed an order.

Goober said...

They need to expand on the rub selection. I'll be buying some stuff from them regardless, however.

Blue said...

Good one.

I had to share :)