Tuesday, December 18, 2012

This just in

I found myself cooking for two teenage boys. I made my "Bacon cornbread with BBQ fried corn with bacon" (check my "food" tag). This time I used grits instead of cornmeal, because that's what I had.

The boys snarled it down. Probably fed then for $5. And I caught one licking the plate (srsly). I'm so proud.

I like cornbread made with grits a *lot* more than with cornmeal. It has a LOT more texture than cornmeal.

Oh yeah, bacon is good too.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone


Rev. Paul said...

Certainly sounds good to me.

knottedprop said...

There is no second amendment protecting Bacon and they will come for your Bacon first.

Spelling Fairy said...


Borepatch said...

Spelling Fairy, at times like these I fall back under the protection of Mr. Emerson: "A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of small minds".

And autocomplete is not your friend ...