Thursday, June 6, 2019

Another Navajo Code Talker reports to the Final Muster

William Tully Brown, dead at 96.  Of the 400 Navajo Code Talkers, only five now remain.  Semper Fi.

In beauty I walk.
With beauty behind me, I walk.
With beauty above me, I walk.
With beauty around me, I walk.

It has become beauty again.


In related news, Lawrence tells us that the last of the Mohawk Code Talkers has also died.  There were several of the Indian Nations that performed this service for the Republic.

3 comments:

Old Windways said...

I believe the link to the battleswarmblog should be:
https://www.battleswarmblog.com/?p=40401

Beans said...

We were so united as a nation, as never before.

Godspeed, noble warrior.

They did what no-one else could do. And they volunteered when they didn't have to.

Borepatch said...

Old Windways, thanks. Fixed.