Wednesday, May 15, 2013

The smartest TV show that ever aired

This show had a huge influence on me, back when I was a teenager.  Readers with a good memory* will remember that I once posted on Martianus Capella before**. 



The Day The Universe Changed is on Youtube, and this will be a week's viewing that will noticeably move the needle of the IQ.  The companion book if excellent, although I recommend this for a second dose of Teh Smart.

* OK, maybe that was a little optimistic.  It's a reflection of my admiration of you, gentle reader.

** In a RKBA context.  Like I said, this was huge.

6 comments:

Old NFO said...

Good one, thanks!

Sherm said...

I sure got sick of his leisure suit by the time the series ended.

Take a look at "The Body In Question" hosted by Jonathan Miller in 1979 for an equally amazing look at us.

Anonymous said...

Surely you saw the PBS Gritty Reboot video?

drjim said...

Burke is one of my heroes.

I have all his series on DVD. I bought them from an educational video outlet some years ago.

They weren't cheap, but good things never are!

drjim said...

Just checked your older post, and THANK YOU!

I think you did that before I found your blog.

Kevin said...

Connections was the series that really got my attention.