Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Grotesque

HuffPo writer finds out they're expecting twins, considers aborting one.  That's not what's grotesque (well, OK, it is) - his reason is what's jaw droppingly grotesque:
Our fear is not the new parent fear of the unknown. It’s the smart, informed fear of the known. Our biggest nightmare is that we’ll have colic again, or double colic. This time around, we’re counting down — not like expecting parents but like cancer patients with only months to live. Enjoy life while you can, for soon it’s double the diapers, double the feedings. Half of zero sleep is … less than zero?
"Smart".

As to terminal cancer, he might want to read this.  As to children and the tribulations and rewards thereof, he can read this.

"Smart".

Mr. Garland has forgotten the ancient advice: I'd rather keep my mouth shut and be thought a fool and to open it and remove all doubt.  All that remains to wonder is whether in 40 years he will write something about how his rotten, ungrateful kids aren't putting him in a nice enough nursing home.  Actually, there's very little to wonder.
No man likes to live under the eye of perpetual disapprobation.
- Dr. Sam Johnston
Mr. Garland is well advised to get used to it.

Hat tip: Prof. Jacobsen.

9 comments:

Goober said...

I think that they continue to write stuff like this for the shock value. I wonder what it will be like for his kid someday when he googles his daddy's name and discovered that his daddy considered murdering him because he was too inconvenient. Likely need some therapy to fix that one, eh?

Self centered prick. What is it with the progressive ideologies and selfishness?

Walter Zoomie said...

That was truly horrifying.

Those poor kids will be shuffled off to daycare ASAP to be raised by government goons.

Similar thing happened to my wife and I...unexpectedly blessed with twins two years after the birth of our first kid...except that we did it the regular way. (We are a fertile pair!)

I was shocked for about 30 seconds after hearing the news.

What did I do after that?

I sacked up and played the cards I was dealt.

Never once did I feel "... pissed, terrified, and angry, and guilty, and regretful."

Dude is a pussy.

ProudHillbilly said...

Profoundly, deeply, corrupt. And a flaming demonstration of the depth of the selfishness of our culture and of that couple in particular.

eiaftinfo said...

Honestly, when I read stuff like this I think the only safe thing to do for society is to abort the parents . . .

Dave H said...

I'm glad to see some of the commenters over there suggesting adoption. Give the kid(s) a chance at a happy life instead of being saddled with a father like that.

Goober said...

I just worked up the sack to read the article. Jesus, this guy is a piece of shit. It is all about him, 100%. He sounds like a few months of colic was a life ending experience. When my daughter had colic I felt bad for her. Not for myself. This guy shouldn't be a father. What a mewling little piss ant.

Rick C said...

This is the same as that woman years back who had in vitro and then wanted to eliminate two of the three fetuses because she couldn't bear having to go to Sam's Club and get the huge mayo jug.

Archer said...

If he's lucky, his "rotten, ungrateful" twins will get word that he considered killing one of them off (no way to tell which one) out of convenience, and they'll refuse to support him. He'll have to work his entire life or provide his own retirement.

If he's not so lucky, his "rotten, ungrateful" twins will get word that he considered killing one of them off, and they'll pay to have him thrown into the worst P.O.S. facility money can buy.

Either way, I'm one to encourage all his kids to be all they can be. Life and freedom offer them the choices he would have denied (at least one of) them.

Daddy Hawk said...

It should be noted that the author, perhaps wisely, chose to have the article posted under a pseudonym. I didn't read the article as you gave me the broad brush strokes which were more than enough for me. I did skip to the comments. I found it noteworthy that there were 777 comments when checked. I didn't bother to add any of my own since A) I hadn't read the full article, and B) many others had already dogpiled his worthless hide under a deluge of things I would have said anyway.

I would agree with the sentiment that HuffPo probably tossed this hand grenade in the waters themselves as a test to see how rabid of a response they would get. It greatly saddened me to see that there were people who actually agreed with the author or stated their own equally reprehensible tales of regret at being "burdened" with unexpected children.

Excuse me...I have to finish work so I can go hug my "burden".