Monday, June 7, 2010

And so it begins

A theme here for the past month or two is how local politicians will see the opportunity to gain power by running against the Progressive Canon. Look at New Jersey's Governor:



He's taking on the strongest "Progressive" force in New Jersey* - and looks like he may beat it. Does he sound like a man who will roll over to a Federal program that tells him he has to spend a bunch of his annual budget on some program that the White House likes? Or will he play Odoacer to Obama's Romulus Agustulus?

Chris Christie smells an opportunity. He's reaching out brilliantly via the web to all sorts of people inside New Jersey and outside New Jersey. He's bypassing the current media gatekeepers and the Old Guard power elites.

The Game is afoot, indeed.

* Of course, the teacher's union is only "progressive" in the same sense that Bill Clinton is a "feminist" - it pays off the correct side.

(Via tons of people, PowerLine and Neo-neocon)

3 comments:

David said...

I heart Chris Christie. Call it a man-crush, I don't care.

A said...

I'm not sure I'm buying the goods!

Chris Christie -
In the last election - campaign contributions

Pharmaceutical manufacturing $48,061

http://www.followthemoney.org/database/StateGlance/candidate.phtml?c=113414

How much this time around?

I'm one of those skeptical individuals that happens to believe you can't take big money from the "devil" (so to speak) and then tell people your the "second coming".

I know, everyone does it right! I see that as the same "old guard" unfortunate problem that has brought us to where we are today.

Of course that would be in a state of decline, quickly moving toward a collapse of a bankrupted people's democracy.

Eagle said...

Stan,

I'll reserve judgement for now. Christie is talking like someone who doesn't care whether he gets reelected or not, and - for a change - he's attacking the problem. If this means that he used big pharma money to get elected so he COULD do the right thing.... then I say "go for it"!

Attacking the teacher's union? In NJ?? This guy either has a death wish... or he's doing the right thing for the right reasons.

Whatever. I kinda agree with David: I don't have a man-crush on Christie, but I gotta give him cred for saying and doing the right thing... so far.