Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Pandora

Despair is the price one pays for setting oneself an im- possible aim. It is, one is told, the unforgivable sin, but it is a sin the corrupt or evil man never practices. He always has hope. He never reaches the freezing-point of knowing absolute failure. Only the man of goodwill carries always in his heart this capacity for damnation.

- Graham Greene

I'm a fairly well-educated fellow, arguably over-educated. In my misspent youth I "learned" a lot of stuff that I didn't understand.

Youth is wasted on the young.

Bless me, Father, for I have sinned. I wish I didn't understand Stephany, and what she writes about on her amazing blog:
life isn't always a comfortable place to be. what a shock when last night i had a restless and sleepless night, and by 4am experienced an explosion of emotion upheaval, it was as if i was vomiting up emotions, blowing my nose, coughing and hysterically crying, something had surged up to the top, and i was not a pretty sight. grief is a powerful inner turmoil that festers up, i've tried to keep it together, the fear of falling apart lingers and looms. trying to be on top of it, and then upset because i felt the gut heaving surge of emotions. i presume it will be for a good reason, and i hope really it doesn't come back. i thought about my facial/massage and wondered in my mind if that released some of this, let's call it emotional poison. my body releasing and cleansing itself of a decade of angst. moments of clarity, facing reality, letting go. maybe in life, we can call ourselves a work of art in progress.
--


i stand with

a thousand hands upon my soul

a thousand angels surrounding my heart

a thousand arms draped around my shoulders

a thousand sunsets in my eyes reflection

a thousand tears in a reflecting pool

i stand.


Annoying commercial for the Pound Of Flesh is worth it, in this case.

1 comment:

soulful sepulcher said...

I think I'll take the music over to my post, thank you for this. I like the image you chose here.

Stephany