Monday, April 13, 2009

TOP SECRET OXCART

It seems that the CIA has declassified OXCART - otherwise known as Area 51 - 50 years after it was shut down. There's a scramble to find people who worked there, and interview them before extreme old age or death make that impossible.

The stories are worth the read, like the one where a test pilot has to bail out of his out-of-control super-classified plane. To make sure he hadn't left anything out of his After Action Report, he's given truth serum:
"Late Sunday, three CIA agents brought me home. One drove my car; the other two carried me inside and laid me down on the couch. I was loopy from the drugs. They handed Jane the car keys and left without saying a word." The only conclusion she could draw was that her husband had gone out and gotten drunk. "Boy, was she mad," says Collins with a chuckle.
Honest honey, it was all above board. I'd tell ya, but then I'd have to kill ya.

Ahem.

If you did Black Ops stuff, RTWT.

Via Slashdot, where the comments - as always - never let us down:
Who cares about Area 51? Everyone knows the Stargates are in Cheyenne Mountain and antarctica.

2 comments:

Home on the Range said...

You know - they used to run a 737 in and out of there as a corporate shuttle.

Or so I heard. :-)

Borepatch said...

You could tell me, but then you'd have to marry me or shoot me.

Oops, I'm already married, and you're quite a good shot ...

;-)