Sunday, October 12, 2008

Roadtrip with #1 son - Moody's Diner

Moody's Diner on US Rt 1 in Waldoboro, Maine has been there for decades. It was old when I first ate there 30 years ago. We had a great Diner breakfast - eggs, bacon, and blueberry pancakes.

Our waitress was a true slice of Americana - she'd been a waitress there since 1961, she called us "dear", she was efficiently there when needed without us having to call. They may have broken the mold after her - she talked about how the computerized system they reciently installed was great for her, but the "younger generation" of waitresses didn't know how to do things efficiently, so computerizing them didn't help much. I got the feeling that "younger generation" includes anyone my age or younger.

Been a while since I've felt like a whippersnapper. Feels pretty good, actually. Probably part of being a great waitress - making sure the customer leaves with a smile on his face. We left a good tip; the experience was worth every penny.

1 comment:

Home on the Range said...

I have academic contacts in Maine - love it up there. Moody's can not be beat. You've reminded me why I need to go back and visit.