Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Election 2008 Prediction #1

#1, as in I expect to do more.

No matter who wins next month, Sarah Palin and Saturday Night Live are the big winners so far. We'll see more of them, especially if Obama wins (I can't imagine what the security would be for a VP Palin on SNL).


Yeah, it starts out with the regular, predictably un-funny jokes. Watch it.

"Your brother Steven is my favorite Baldwin brother." And Tina Fey when she's told that the "real one" is here? Now that's a funny joke, I don't care who you are.

UPDATE 2 November 2008 15:11: It's kind of scary, but I see I'm getting Google hits on this page by folks looking for election predictions. I have more serious analysis here.

4 comments:

TOTWTYTR said...

I think I stopped watching SNL about the time they killed off Toonces the Driving Cat.

I don't see any reason to start watching again now.

Unfunny liberals laughing at their own unfunny jokes about people they don't think are cool and hip. How self centered is that?

Borepatch said...

TOTWTYTR, no argument from me.

However, this is the dancing bear - what's remarkable is not how well it dances, but that it dances at all.

And there's no denying that Sarah Palin has been REALLY good for SNL's ratings. I just expect that it will end up being good for Palin as well.

Anonymous said...

Hopefully Tina Fey will have to continue playing her for the next sixteen years or so.

Jay G said...

Toonces?

I haven't watched SNL since "I'm Gumby, dammit!"

Yes, it has sucked that bad...