Tuesday, October 21, 2008

The man can write

Different bloggers have different styles. Mine is "frequent+spew" (if you've just recently found this site, you've been warned). Words like "thoughtful" don't really enter into it.

While I've only been blogging a few months, this style has come out. For better or worse, it's likely to be like this for a while.

Random Acts of Patriotism started blogging about the same time I did, and his style has also really emerged. Thoughtful? Boy, howdy. Sick of politics, he writes about reloading shotgun shells with his Grandfather. Man sure knows how to write.
When I raise the gun and feel it hit my cheek right on the sweet spot, and the bead appears, following the clay, and I know it's going to break before I pull the trigger, there he is.

When I go out with the juniors or assist at a Ladies Day, and I'm teaching someone to how to hold and point a shotgun, I can hear his voice.
Me, I just blather stream of consciousness. When I find someone who can really write, I have to confess a twinge of envy. Or more than a twinge, here.

No comments: