Thursday, December 6, 2012

R.I.P Dave Brubeck

Dave Brubeck passed earlier this week after a long, successful career.  The airwaves (and the Intarwebz) have been filled with retrospectives - as you'd expect: he was enormously influential on the field of jazz.  You've heard some of this stuff, like this:



Me, I never much cared for his (or anyone's) style of "experimental" jazz.  That last song (his most famous by far) was in the very unusual 5/4 time.  It worked here.  Other efforts, not so much:




2 comments:

WoFat said...

Brubeck is forever, His music was/is great; seated in a bar in San Francisco, in a village on the edge of some god-damn jungle or in the wet hills of Alabama, Brubeck is pleasure and adventure.

Anonymous said...

Hello! Do you know if they make any plugins to protect against hackers?

I'm kinda paranoid about losing everything I've worked hard on.
Any recommendations?
Feel free to visit my web blog ; payday