Sunday, December 30, 2012

I went to H Mart today.  I can't believe that I've never been there before.  If you don't have one near you, H Mart is an oriental grocery super store, although the Latin American section was pretty big in this one.  They have the critter parts (pig trotters, etc) that aren't in your local super market, and a huge selection of Japanese, Chinese, and Korean pickles, sauces, noodles, and the like.  It's the real deal.  How real?  This real:






I didn't get any, but they had rabbit and goat.  Going to have braised Thumper here in Camp Borepatch soon.  Plus I have freshly made Kimchi (yum!) and some sliced oshinko (double yum!).  And fresh udon for #2 Son.

Plus they have a furniture and, err, hardware section:


You can score a sweet, sweet computerized Throne for your Smallest Room.  Don't know if it's got a heated seat and water jets for your sanitary enjoyment or not.

9 comments:

RabidAlien said...

What, no test-drive and AAR?

Borepatch said...

RabidAlien, been on my feel all day and worn out. I'll put up some recipes in the next couple days.

Paladin said...

Love frog legs. If you're ever in the DFW area again check out Lafayettes outside Greenville, Texas. Awesome.

Pigs feet are also good for practicing sutures for the emergency skillset.

Old NFO said...

If it doesn't blow dry, don't waste your money... :-)

RabidAlien said...

LOL Sorry, Borepatch, I was staring at the "throne" pic when I typed that. Had froglegs once, at a Chinese buffet...the experience was not altogether positive, I'm afraid, and left me very much in need of aforementioned throne. The problem was, most likely, due to being at a Chinese buffet in the first place. Recipes for correctly-prepared legs sound good!

Anonymous said...

I hope the cling film wasn't a permanent feature.

Anonymous said...

Also if you are in the mood for some tea from Vietnam go try Phuc Long brand.....
http://phuclong.com.vn/en/about-us

Sabra said...

Grocery stores in other places don't carry pigs' feet and -heads and rabbits and such? Huh. Granted, the pigs' heads are mostly on the south side here, but pretty much every HEB has their feet and rabbits too.

I had frog legs at age 5, in Louisiana. They tasted of swamp. I've seen them at only one local Chinese buffet.

Rob K said...

Look what I found just down the road from H Mart: http://www.megamartatl.com/ It looks even bigger than H Mart. It has 2 floors. Gwinnet seems to be chock full of Koreans.