Thursday, December 20, 2012

aptget install steam

This is cool, and I am *so* trying it out:
The Steam for Linux beta program is now open to the public! In order to participate in the beta, you must download the latest Steam Linux client (found here) or upgrade your existing Steam for Linux client to the latest version.
It's a Debian package, and so it's super simple.  May need to upgrade my video, though.  My display may not be up for something this revolutionary.


If you're not familiar with Steam or Debian packages, you just might have a life.

4 comments:

ProudHillbilly said...

Steam is a type of art...

Dave H said...

No life for me. I know both Steam and Debian.

I wonder how the Steam client works on Ubuntu. I've got a repurposed Mac Mini that no longer has a purpose. It needs a hobby.

TommyG said...

I'm familiar with both,only because I have to ask their permission to speak to my wife.

drjim said...

Very familiar with all the stuff.

I just compiled GNURadio, LinRad, and a bunch of stuff for SDR development tonight.

I use OpenSUSE, which uses zypper, but its very similar to apt/get.