Friday, June 18, 2010

I have a little crush on Chris Christie

Not in a gay way (not that there's anything wrong with that), but in a help-us-Obi-Wan-Kenobi-you're-our-only-hope way:



This is what a leader looks like. You don't wonder where he stands, and he's not afraid to face criticism head on. This guy can't be bullied by the media's old define-the-narrative trick. He simply destroys the questioner.

The media is losing it's gatekeeper power - letting favored politicians closer to power and keeping unfavored politicians away from power. But the new avenues of communication mean that the media can't jam the signal any more. Sarah Palin uses Facebook better than any politician alive, and Christie uses Youtube better than any pol alive.

Maybe Christie/Palin in 2012?

(via)

9 comments:

soulful sepulcher said...

Palin is going to have to totally "get" the role of caregiver of a special needs child, there's an under current of discussion over her not being able to truly 'relate'. Just sayin'.

WoFat said...

Internet. Cable. Politics will never again be the same. We now have INSTANT information and the main stream media just ain't ready for it.

We also seem to be getting a few governors with balls. Very refreshing.

doubletrouble said...

Damn.
I wonder if we can entice him to move up here?
Sounds like (whatusedtobe)a NH guy...

Midwest Chick said...

I'm totally a Christie fan. Every time I need another speech (and know that he's backing it all up with action), I'm more impressed.

soulful sepulcher said...

Wait, was I in a coma or did you re-title this from "Man-Crush"?

Cause there are other men writing about man-crushes so I noticed.

Onwards!

Borepatch said...

Stephany, I hadn't heard that about Palin. I guess that time will tell.

And I thought about "man-crush", but it would have been a little too fabulous for a post title. ;-)

A said...

It used be a that "man crush" was something you did to a beer can after you're finished.

Maybe I'm old fashioned, but this guy doesn't tickle my feathers one iota.

I'm starting to wonder in an 'Out Door Voice" if Borepatch has "Christie" posters spattered around the throne room, and how just might his wife may react to them. lol....

Macbrun said...

I voted for the guy, and I'm happy and surprised by his performance so far! Can't believe this is still Jersey...

lelnet said...

I'd love to see Palin on the ticket in 2012. But that's mostly because I trust that Alaskans have replaced her with somebody roughly as good. I'd be sad to see Christie there (and likewise Bobby Jindal...another governor with all the necessary stones to be president) because chances are New Jersey isn't going to have another governor of his calibre in my lifetime...and it really needs one. Badly.

Might I suggest Rick Perry of Texas or Mitch Daniels of Indiana? (Both are on record telling the fed.gov exactly where to shove its "stimulus" money, for example. And both, unlike Christie, will be replaced by similar sorts if and when they relocate to Washington.)