Saturday, April 4, 2009

Referrer Madness

Sitemeter shows some serious strangeness:

What would Jesus shoot
? Seems I'm #2 on Google for this, and don't even answer the question. Personally, I believe that He loves all his shooty children, yea even in .25 ACP.

And what is it with Nazi Zombies? 10% of my traffic is coming from a Google Image search that's leading people to this. Ten percent. I can't for the life of me tell what is linking to me (other than Google Images), but there sure seem to be a lot of people who care enough to click. Yikes.

And a day without a search for Teletubby shooting is like a day without sunshine. #1 on Google for that, although I think that may illegal in some jurisdictions. There's no doubt that this post holds the record for the number of days it's seen incoming hits. Y'all should be ashamed of yourselves. ;-)

And ever popular with overseas readers is Hack Your Neighbor's WiFi. Clearly an example of Cowboy Capitalism run amok, with no thought or care for the social fabric of society. Selfish bastards. I blame George W. Bush.

So a word to new bloggers: if you really want to drive sitemeter stats, don't bother with deep thinking and carefully crafted prose (assuming there's much of that around here). Nazi Zombies, baby!

2 comments:

Sevesteen said...

My most common referrals are a comparison between Schwinn Meridian and Worksman Trifecta adult trikes. putting gears on my wife's Meridian, and a review of a bicycle tire pump.

ASM826 said...

Nazi Zombies is a hidden level at the end of the latest "Call of Duty" game. I like it a lot. It's tough. My personal best is 15 levels. The AI is smart. and once they start coming, they are relentless. If you get the better weapons, you can survive for a while.

The rest of the game, WWII weapons and campaigns in the Pacific, is a lot of fun.