Wednesday, November 10, 2021

Oh, foo

I've been chewing over an uberpost for a few days and am kind of caught on the horns of a dilemma.  On one hand, I think this explains why "Woke" isn't going away anytime soon.  On the other hand, while I think I understand the situation - really, really - this is very complex stuff.

Tam points out that this isn't the 2010 blogosphere anymore - 300 word clickbait posts are what rule the 'nets - and this would be actual work to write, edit, condense, prune, and work the complexity down to something understandable in less than (dare I say it?) borepatchian length.  Heck, I may need to actually print out and highlight the posts that triggered this.

I dunno - sounds like work, not fun.  Like I said, foo.

6 comments:

Beans said...

Go for it.

Because, though short clickbait articles are nice, I think most of your readers can handle a tad bit more. If the subject is interesting and well-written.

I am now very curious as to what you wish to expound upon.

Old NFO said...

We can read...LOL And we're good with more than sounds bites. ;-)

Chris Nelson said...

If I can read most of the 1,039 pages of the POS that is the "Infrastructure" Bill without dying of a cerebra hemorrhage or acute alcohol poisoning, I can handle any long missive you care to post.

McChuck said...

Addams Family Values (1993) was the first Woke movie.
The heroes are freaks, Jews, cripples and immigrants.
The villains are normal, healthy, white Christian Americans.

Richard said...

That is an objective view of where we are but some of us don't like it. I generally delete video people send me without watching it as I don't like the medium. Write your long post, as long as it isn't about dad jokes.

Gerry said...

If you write it, we will read it.