Saturday, March 6, 2021

Ten years ago, but this time funny

This always made me laugh.  You probably want to click through to the Czar of Muscovy's old post to see what kicked this off.  Oh, and it may be that in the picture my Lautrec is Toulouse ...

Originally posted 16 February 2011

Gettin' my Wookie Seurat on

The Czar of Muscovy describes me as a "non-boulevardier", which is true.  But it wasn't always.  These days, I'm more comfortable hanging out at the shooting range, but Back In The Day, I used to haunt the First Arrondissement, hanging out with Georgie Seurat and the crowd.  L'hotel La Sanguine was just down the street from the church of La Madeleine, which was cheek-by-jowl to the Place de la Concorde.

As you can imagine, the difficulty was my Wookie Suit.  Even though this was a particularly classy one - made of Carmague musk rat fur - some of the crowd thought it was too over the top.  Gaugain in particular, although he didn't like anything except for naked Polynesian girls.

But Georgie thought it was tres magnifique, and even snuck me into one of his paintings.  See if you can spot me - although I always thought he made my butt look too big.


Photoshop courtesy of #1 Son.  Did himself proud on this one. 

4 comments:

Géd said...

Gauguin, not Gaugain.

Par ailleurs on ne dit pas très magnifique mais très beau, ce qui signifie magnifique !

Borepatch said...

Merci, Géd!

Douglas2 said...

The link suggested seems to be missing a backslash between ".com" and "2011":

https://gormogons.com/2011/02/fy-2012-borepatch-writes-in.html

Old NFO said...

LOL, easy to find you... sorry...