Wednesday, November 20, 2019

Thanksgiving Blues

This is hilarious.  The guys can play, too.



Thanksgiving Blues (Songwriter: ???)
Turkey is smoking The gravy is burnt
Cranberry’s missin’ I hadn’t learnt
Should’ve called grandma She’d know just what to do
Grandma don’t answer I got them Thanksgivin’ blues 
The in-laws are coming Bringing their friends
The toilet has backed up The fun never ends
Next time I’ll tell them We’ve all got the flu
No sign of grandma I got them Thanksgivin’ blues 
There’s football on TV Just after one
Don’t know who’s playing But it sure sounds like fun
Festive occasions I know you love them too
Hope grandma’s not wasted She’s got them Thanksgivin’ blues 
Kids on their iPads Mom’s got her wine
I’m in my easy chair Marking the time
Pie’s overrated Ambrosia too
Grandma just show’d up We’ve got them Thanksgivin’ blues 
There’s cornbread dressin’ Calling my name
Jim’s on his blessin’ But no word has changed
Amen y’all! We got work to do
Grandma brought fixins’ I love them Thanksgivin’ blues