Sunday, December 1, 2013

Three years

A lot happens in a short time.  Three years ago today we occupied Camp Borepatch, moving back to the USA from Massachusetts.  I posted this view from inside the secure perimeter with the title "Your Moment of Zen".


Of course not all our stuff was there.  My caption was: There is no spoon bed.


Dad was on his death bed; we didn't think that he'd make it to Christmas, but he surprised everyone by living another 75 days.  I (and #2 Son) got our first guns.  I actually used my Massachusetts driver's license (with a local power bill) as a government ID to buy him that 10/22.  No license, no registration, just a quick electronic check and "Will that be cash or credit, Sir?"

I soon started that strange commute from Atlanta to Austin.  I met some great people out there, but have to say that I don't miss being away from the family so much.  Little One-Eyed Dog died, and we got Wolfgang.  I didn't need that pond anyway.

I got a reloading bench, and now have used it.  A post will come on this, promise.


And I became an official shaved head gun nut biker dude when I got a motorcycle.  Sure seem to be a lot of us in this corner of the Intarwebz.

Coming off of the "hot" 5 years that were the end of our stay in Yankeeland, it would be nice for things to slow down some. I get the feeling that's fixin' to happen soon. #1 Son is working towards his Cisco CCNA, and while that's taking longer than I'd like it shows the trajectory to him in his own place. #2 Son finishes High School this year. He'll likely still be with us a bit, but the path there is also clear.

As sentimental as I get, I am looking forward to what life will be in 3 more years ...

No comments: