Sunday, December 22, 2013

Rockelbel - Canon in D

This is Classical music inside baseball, but what absolutely delightful (although very SWPL) inside baseball it is.  Well played.  So very well played.



Very funny, in a classical-music-meats-Mr.-Bean sort of way.  It gives me hope for Classical music that this Youtube video has nearly seven million views.  The Piano Guys have taken an old stuffy classic, stripped off the Symphony Hall trappings, and made it fresh for a new age.  And Youtube viewers get that, and respond to it.  Well played, indeed.

And since friend and frequent commenter libertyman is likely to head off to Amazon to buy this (excellent) album, you can find it here.

And for my original (and quite SWPL and straight, other than the field artillery - srlsy) presentation of Mr. Pachelbel and his most excellent Canon, see here.

2 comments:

libertyman said...

Okay, you have me there!

That is a wedding I would enjoy. Very creative video and wonderful production.

I will go to Amazon, of course, but I don't do the MP3 thing, so will look at The Piano Guys CDs.

Great fun this morning.

Anonymous said...

Heh! Just a copy of the "spontaneous" orchestra street performances. Not funny. I prefer the original for a setting like a wedding.

What's with all the acronyms? SWPL, srlsy? Never mind, I'll look them up.