Wednesday, May 9, 2012

"Thank you for being fun to talk to."

#1 Son said that to me last evening.  We'd talked politics, and Ron Paul, and being optimistic for the future, and the Dialectic, and family, and cabbages and Kings.  Weird that when he was 15 I didn't know squat, but now that he's 20 I've learned a lot in the last 5 years.

But I went through this too when I was his age, and I have learned a lot in the last 5 years.  Sometimes life speaks to you in its Outdoors Voice, and it's a very Good Thing indeed.

5 comments:

agirlandhergun said...

Awesome! You must be doing something right.

Joe said...

Wasn't it Mark Twain who said, "When I was a boy of fourteen, my father was so ignorant I could hardly stand to have the old man around. But when I got to be twenty-one, I was astonished at how much the old man had learned in seven years."?

Old NFO said...

That's outstanding! :-)

Anonymous said...

Your son is leaving the 'Age of Inifite Wisdom' at quite an early age. Good on both of you.
Rich in NC

Southern Belle said...

LOL... you know, I used to tell my daughter, "I'll be glad when you grow up and have kids of your own so that I can be smart again."