Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Blogroll additions

It's more than a bit humbling to find that Peter from Bayou Renaissance Man has blogrolled me.  For the three people on the 'net who have not been to his place, he is one of the "deep thinker" bloggers out there.  All I can say is that if you don't read him, you should.  Some day I'd like to buy him a beer and swap stories about Jo'burg.

In other knock me over with a feather news, the Captain at Captain Capitalism has added me to his blogroll.  I've linked several times to his posts which are a mix of economics, higher education bubble, and manosphere.  Oh, and Rumpleminze.  It's all spectacularly politically incorrect and so it goes without saying that it hits center mass.  Happy to be aboard, Cap'n, although I likely fall into the "scurvy crew" category.

I've been reading Chris Lynch's A Large Regular blog for so long that I can't even remember when or where I first ran across it.  He has a New Englander's perspective, with a great mix of sports, politics, and general goofy stuff.  I've been swiping his stuff for a while, and I guess he finally noticed.  Thanks, Chris!

EDC and Prepping is a blog about, well, every day carry and prepping.  I must confess that the idea of a few acres of my own where I can grow (and hunt) is a low-level background dream that never quite goes away.  From seed diversity to wilderness medicine, this is a pretty useful blog if you have similar dreams.

Dean Carder is a prepper and self-described conservative, gun-totin' family man from the Show Me State - not far from Mom's home town of St. Joseph, as it turns out.  He also has an appreciation for music that includes twilight Mosin-Nagant fireballs.  Of course, that might describe most of us.  ;-)

Proud Hillbilly warns us that he's politically incorrect, so he fits right in here.  He brings all sorts of stuff, including a story about how Robert Downey, Jr. went from being Hollywood's premier asshat to a stand up, stand out sort of guy.

M Sgt B tells a story about Mad Cow disease which brought back memories of when we lived in Her Majesty's Scepter'd Isle.  I ate the beef.  I leave it to you, gentile reader, to decide about the "mad" bit.  But to this day I can't give blood - it seems that there's no test for Mad Cow disease.

On to Liberty pulls all sorts of interesting stuff together, some of which you'll have seen but some that you might have missed.  I'd missed this one: Don’t just dream about freedom. Don’t just wish the world were free, and for god’s sake don’t spend your days and nights railing helplessly about all the ways your freedom has been stolen. Be free. Go out and DO freedom.

Kerodin doesn't need to be reminded of that, and posts about freedom and gun rights at III Percent Solution.  He has the interesting idea of gathering in Washington D.C. on the eve of the election, carrying empty holsters.  The timing and venue are well chosen.

Nightfly is a muser, on a wide range of topics from the Anti-Congress to what Twitter is really all about.  Fair warning is in order - his posts can be even longer than mine.  But it's cool to see thoughts on all sorts of topics discussed in detail.  Needs some more cat pix, though - after all, it is a blog!

Drjim at Every Blade Of Grass is another gun totin' computer nerd (I guess that we run in packs) - the title refers, of course, to Admiral Yamamoto's caution that the United States could not be successfully invaded because there would be a rifleman behind every blade of grass.  He is stuck in Unfree America, as I was until recently (California, not Massachusetts), and live blogged the May Day protests in LA - as well as discussed the 20th anniversary of the LA riots.  That's "boots on the ground", right there.

I have more blogrollin' to do, because I've been shamefully lax in maintenance here, but this will have to do for now.  If any of all y'all have blogrolled me, please drop me an email and I'll add you here.

8 comments:

Dave H said...

I started reading Peter's blog about the same time I started reading Borepatch, but I had to give him up because between the two I was spending all my spare time (and too much time I couldn't spare) reading.

Both guys are smarter than I am, but Peter's in the same class as my physics teacher in college. That guy could prove the existence of the Higgs boson just by thinking about it for twenty minutes. (I don't think he could shoot though. Advantage Peter.)

Borepatch said...

Dave H, I think that "Advantage Peter" is typically the smart bet. ;-)

Robert Hewes said...

Well, you were kinda the first entry on our blogroll, but that's mostly because you're prettier than we are. If you'd like, feel free to add us as well.

http://newatlantean.com/

Theredneckengineer said...

*Raises hand*

MSgt B said...

Hey! Thanks for the link, Patch.

They told me ten years, so I should be able to donate blood next year.
I'd kinda rather donate cash anyway. I like my blood right where it is.

Broken Andy said...

Congrats to all for making the Borepatch blogroll. I've been reading MSgt B (and annoying him) and Proud Hillbilly daily.

Borepatch, check your email.

Kerodin said...

BorePatch: Thank you for the link, sir.

I hope to make the November event one that can cross boundaries into the Tea Party and NRA camps, not just us "Right wing gun nut extremists (of one I am proud to be).

Please keep an eye on developments, and if you can support my goals, I welcome you among us.

Yours in Liberty.

Kerodin
III

nightfly said...

Thanks for the link and the kind words! You've been blogrolled at the Hive on the recommendation of the Gormogons, but I'll add my own endorsement shortly.