Friday, May 25, 2012

I confess

Confession is good for the soul.  OK, then.

Wayne's World 2 is a guilty pleasure.  I enjoyed it much, much more than the original - it was filled with tip o' the hat to great old film genres, and clever enough to keep me laughing after a lot of watching.



And a tip o' the hat to great old actors.  This scene simply cracked me up.



I first saw it when I was driving from the Washington D.C. area to, Florida once December.  I were taking 15 month old #1 Son do a Florida vacation because I was giving a talk at a Security conference.  Somehow, the conference was in Orlando in December - go figure.

We drove, and bailed out in Florence, S.C.  Hitting the hotel room after dinner, this had me laughing so loudly that #1 Son had trouble falling asleep.  I think about that trip every time I watch the film. Not a bad thing at all, really.

So what's your guilty pleasure?

6 comments:

Dave H said...

My guilty pleasure? Well, there was that one time... no, wait, the statute of limitations hasn't run out on that one yet.

Hmmm. I'm going to have to go with Donna Summer, the Little River Band, and History of The World Part I.

Old NFO said...

Never saw either of those all the way through... Mine is OLD movies (pre-1950s)

North said...

The "The Graduate" scene comes right after this. My wife and I rented WW2 and watched it with my teen son. He had no clue why the lovely wife and I were chattering about the scenes in the church and finding that part of the move so funny.

nightfly said...

You rented an entire WAR? Wow.

So obviously my guilty pleasure is corny jokes. I also loved the movie UHF.

Chad said...

Abba

Ken said...

Ice Pirates.