Monday, April 19, 2010

Free the Beaverton One!

Well, OK, you can't technically free him because he's not in jail. You can let him go back to work, though:

An Oregon teacher who announced his intention to "dismantle and demolish the Tea Party" has been placed on administrative leave until his school district finishes its investigation into whether his political activity crossed the line.

The state's Teacher Standards & Practices Commission is also conducting an investigation into Jason Levin, a media teacher at Conestoga Middle School in Beaverton.

Now don't get me wrong: Mr. Levin is a Moonbat, and a sneaky one at that. However, it doesn't seem like anything he's done isn't covered by the First Amendment. I get a little twitchy when the government (town of Beaverton, in this case) employs the Organs of the State against someone because of what they said.

Quite frankly, that's why I blog under a pseudonym here. Am I scared of being thrown into the clink? Of course not. Do I think that some people might go out of their way to make life interesting (see e.g. the Massachusetts State Motto: "Guns? ICK!")? Sure do.

6 comments:

roy in nipomo said...

Isn't the suspension while they check to see if he was blogging while being paid to teach? I know all of my employers kind of wanted me to do their work during the time they were paying me (and I was even a gov't employee!)

Mark Alger said...

That's what I was given to understand. Not exercising 1A rights so much as misappropriation of gummint property.

M

Z@X said...

Heck, let him have some fun. If he did not break a law, all is fair when it comes to politics... including his being outed.

I too blog under an alias... my real name is Rasputin Monk, but please don't let that get around.

Borepatch said...

I actually don't much care if he was blogging from work - that's between him and his supervisor.

I'm not keen on "investigations" against bloggers only when it becomes politically convenient.

Like I said, he seem to be a sneaky sort of Moonbat, but deserves the chance to speak his mind.

It's a whole different kettle of fish if he's indoctrinating his pupils to be sneaky moonbats. However, in this I fear he's not alone in the Beaverton school district

Borepatch said...

And James, err "Rasputin", the beard is a dead give away.

;-)

A said...

Just remember our former Premiere Billy Bob Joe Bob Clinton said words are quite dangerous and compared hostile free speech to the Oklahoma Bombings.

So you may be hiding under a pseudonym and feeling emboldened, but Nanny State Big Brother "we know best for you minion" knows who you are, and where to find you. lol......

Anywho, fear is just one of many tools in our propaganda machine. Just wait until we sabotage your toilet paper with a secret abrasive "acorn controlled" substance lol.......

You'll be very sorry and crying out for King and comrade Obubba please hand over the "Preparation H".

So take that and smoke in your Beaverton happy pipe Mr BorePatch free speech constitutionalists subversive. LMAO