Friday, January 4, 2013

The number of places that I used to live that can kiss my ass seems to be legion

Long time readers know my opinion of Massachusetts, and how the cuts I got going over the razor wire on my way out were well worth it.  Now comes news from Maryland, not 5 miles from where I used to live, and a bare mile from where #2 Son was born. Maryland first-grader suspended for pointing fingers at friends, saying 'pow'
The boy, a student at Roscoe Nix Elementary School in Silver Spring, was suspended for one day. The incident happened a week after the Sandy Hook Elementary shooting in Newtown, Conn.
The family's attorney says the 6-year-old was playing with friends, not making threats.
"Evidently, he was pointing his finger at someone and saying, 'Pow,'" said Robin Ficker, an attorney for the family.
To my former fellow citizens of Montgomery County, MD, I would advise you to read those last four words again: attorney for the family.  You'll be paying attorney's fees for the Montgomery County school system, plus paying for the settlement, plus continuing to pay the salary of the Principal of Roscoe Nix Elementary School.

And the punch line: it's going to happen again, suckers!

How can it not?  You fail to punish expensive mistakes like this, mistakes made by clueless and incompetent school administrators, and what do you get?  More of the same.

And so to my fellow county-men, let me just say HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Hey, if all y'all want to come down south, the air smells of freedom.  And the Roswell school system is every bit as good as the Montgomery County one.  Cheaper, too, because our administrators (while no doubt as incompetent as yours) aren't as stupid as yours.

Oh yeah, and this is where everyone who ever spoke the word "Redneck" meaning "dumb" can shut up and sit down in the back of the room.  Grown ups are talking.

8 comments:

Old NFO said...

Can't wait to get back to Texas... Just sayin...

ProudHillbilly said...

It's been seriously stupid season for some time now.

WoFat said...

"Red Neck" can be either good, bad or a condition resulting from picking cotton on a sunny day. The latter requires several bottles of cold beer.

A Girl and Her Gun said...

It's hard to think they can get anymore ridiculous, but they always do.

Ragnar said...

Not to worry, Feinstein has amended her legislation to ban "unlimited capacity palm magazines".

Rick C said...

"Hey, if all y'all want to come down south, the air smells of freedom."

But stay where you are if you aren't going to abandon your liberal attitudes.

Borepatch said...

Rick C, LOL. Makes me think on myself, and that line from the song "Southland In The Springtime": When God made me born a yankee he was teasin'.

But yeah. There's quite enough foolishness over in North Carolina (Research Triange) which is why I call NC the Massachusetts of Dixie.

drjim said...

I set the Countdown Clock for the day my wife retires, and we can get OUT of this chicken-shit state!