Tuesday, January 8, 2013

178 years

That's how many years ago - on this date - that the United States government owed zero dollars and zero cents.  That's right, the entire national debt was paid in full.  Andy Jackson was president, and he is perhaps best described as the Chuck Norris* of Presidents.  Might explain why the debt was retired.

I might point out that tar and feathers were popular back then, too.

And while we're at the subject of "the Chuck Norris of governments", happy birthday Kim Jong-un**.  Here's a musical birthday tribute.


I'm So Ronery
So ronery
So ronery and sadry arone

There's no one
Just me onry
Sitting on my rittle throne
I work rearry hard and make up great prans
But nobody ristens, no one understands
Seems like no one takes me serirousry

And so I'm ronery
A rittle ronery
Poor rittle me

There's nobody
I can rerate to
Feel rike a bird in a cage
It's kinda sihry
But not rearry
Because it's fihring my body with rage

I'm the smartest most crever most physicarry fit
But nobody else seems to rearize it
When I change the world maybe they'll notice me
But until then I'rr just be ronery
Rittle ronery, poor rittle me

I'm so ronery

* Obligatory Chuck Norris joke: There is no Global Warming.  Chuck Norris got cold and so he turned up the Sun.

** Obligatory Kim Jong-un joke: Err, did you read the post?

3 comments:

Old NFO said...

Good ones... LOL

Anonymous said...

I suggest you visit his plantation called the Hermitage near Nashville the slave cabins out back should be a sober reminder of who he was. Also he was the President responsible for the trail of tears when he forcibly had the Cherokee moved west of the Mississippi.

Borepatch said...

Knotted Prop, I'm not a big Andy Jackson fan, but there's no denying that he was badass.