Sunday, June 27, 2021

Turn, turn, turn 4.0

I made Christmas ornaments on the lathe today.  Need to paint them Christmasy colors, but it was interesting to make round shapes, and long pointy shapes.


The points originally pointed towards each other, as part of a single piece of wood.  When I cut them apart I used the table belt sander to point them off.  I also have to screw eye hooks into the top (once they're painted).  Then I can hang them.

My neighbor is a very good teacher for turning wood, and the local wood shop is outstanding.  I have to say that this is a lot of fun.

3 comments:

Toirdhealbheach Beucail said...

They look supercool Borepatch!

Glen Filthie said...

Have you got a screw head chuck, BP?

Borepatch said...

Thanks, Toird!

Glen, yes - there are a couple of different ones. Next time I turn I'll take a couple photos and post them.