Sunday, June 13, 2021

Turn, turn, turn 2.0

 


Le bol est finis.  I added a thin coat of wax and am hoping that the South Florida heat on the lenai will melt it in a bit.

We have a bunch of blanks that we got this weekend.  I need to figure out the next project (either a slightly personal salad bowl, or a much bigger family salad bowl).  And to OldNFO comment - there was a metric ton of wood shavings.  the bowl started as a square blank and so I had to round it off.  The blanks we got this weekend are round so there should (hopefully) be less cleanup.

Oh, and if you're into wood turning, I can recommend Steve Parker's Wood Turning Blanks web site.  

7 comments:

libertyman said...

Those two projects turned out well.

FredLewers said...

What kind of wax are you using

BobF said...

Nice. I gave up turning and transferred my lathe and tools to my oldest son last year.

Bob said...

R Humphrey does some cool stuff. Former Marine.

One example - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xw4fg7G_0os

Old NFO said...

Well done, and it's Lanai... Just sayin... ;-) Friend of mine in South Texas does woodworking, he has ALL of his machines connected to an industrial vacuum system and said he can 'maybe' get one day's worth of cutting, sanding, turning before he has to empty it (and it's 50 some odd gallons!!!

Borepatch said...

OldNFO, I blame the typo on the south Florida heat ...

Lawrence Person said...

You need to construct giant decorative pepper-grinders large enough to conceal a disassembled AR...