Wednesday, March 6, 2019

In which I make Slashdot

It's in the comments, so you know that it isn't flattering.  Or very intelligent.  This is my favorite comment:
I believe these figures [abc.net.au] more than the nonsense from that Borepatch site, a site that's keen to list externalities like the cost of food when power goes up, but not when we burn the Earth's densest carbon sinks.
I'm entirely mystified as to what this means.  It's formed similarly to English language grammar, but has no coherent content.  "Externalities like the cost of food"?  Huh?  But I guess I'm keen to list this, though.  Good tip.

Forget it,  Jake.  It's Slashdot.

7 comments:

ASM826 said...

The electricity wasted writing internet comments contributes to global warming.

Unknown said...

Slashdot still exists?

Gorges Smythe said...

Not only does he not know what he's talking about, he doesn't know how to even say it.

Antibubba said...

Sounds like Russian trollbots to me.

Borepatch said...

ASM826, heh. It's not easy being Green.

Unknown, who knew? I only found out because there was this flurry of incoming links from Slashdot. I guess they still get some traffic.

Gorges, who'd have thought that someone who supposedly indulges in technology simply can't express themselves? ;-)

Antibubba, alas, it's all too familiar from Slashdot. The comments section have been like this for something like forever.

Beans said...

I've heard more coherent thought from reading the in-game chat on World of Tanks.

LindaG said...

+1