Saturday, October 28, 2017

Basement Finds - A Brigid Guest Post

Partner in Grime is a Mechanical Engineer.  Or at least he TELLS me he is.  :-)  For you see I've never actually seen his workplace or a paycheck, but large amounts of money just show up in our savings account.  I tease him a little about it.

I just returned from a week visiting my 97-year-old Dad and on the clothesline downstairs where my husband had done some laundry while I was away, were all these gloves.  Dozens of gloves, all stained with dark rust like colors that wouldn't come out.

I hear the back door open, then footsteps in the kitchen followed by a creak at the top of the stairs .. . I peer up and ask him as I hold up one of the creepy stained gloves.

"So babe - tell me again - mechanical engineer . . . or serial killer?"

I think I made him snort his beer.

You all have a safe, and sane weekend. I'll have some writing up this week when I get the household chores caught up.

4 comments:

Rev. Paul said...

There's such a fine line between the two, isn't there? :)

Old NFO said...

Snerk... I can believe he snorted beer on that one!

Terrapod said...

Good one, only an engineer will tell you blood washes out (we see quite a bit of it actually), petroleum byproducts not so much ;-)

Skinned Knuckles (SK) club meeting currently postponed due to shortage of band aids...

Murphy(AZ) said...

It's the straight-faced one liners which result in some sort of spew that are the best!