Friday, June 9, 2017

Rush - Red Barchetta

Recent posts about self driving cars has made me grumpy, and longing for the open road.  Our Governmental Overlords will want to squash this attitude, since individuals driving their own cars will make it more difficult to field autonomous driving vehicles - and that will make their paymasters in Silicon Valley poorer and unhappy.  And so we can expect increasing restrictions on personal control of our own automobiles.

Yes, I think this is a possibility (albeit a remote one).  But I'm not the only one.  Let me take you back to 1981 for some dystopic Rock Opera on the subject.



You can have my 4 barrel when you pry it out of my cold, dead fingers, bitches.


3 comments:

bruce said...

I loved trying to maximise my weber's on an older alfa. But to be honest the beauty of computer controlled fuel injectors is so much more trustworthy. Sorry it's just better until it's not.

Irish said...

Now I have to go listen to that CD!! Thanks!

Murphy(AZ) said...

If ever comes the time in my old life when I can't jump in my old Taurus (Well, we can't all drive Cobras, can we?) and hit the open road for a few hundred miles, then I guess I'll just have to turn my backyard into a pasture and get me a reliable old horse. One horse power will still get me down the road, just not as fast.