Wednesday, September 16, 2015

The road goes ever on and on

A new job opportunity has come up, one that's a big step up from where I am.  And so on Monday, I'll start a new gig at a tech company in the Washington DC suburbs.  I'm not a fan of that area but the offer was too good to turn down.

And so when Camp Borepatch finally sells, I'll point the tires north and find myself back in my old stomping grounds of Maryland.  I left there in 1996, bound for London.  Then Atlanta, Boston, and Atlanta again.  Now this.

It seems like a lot of moving.

And it will be strange to have the kids gone.  That was going to happen anyway, but I thought they'd be across town, not hundreds of miles away.

Those of you here in the ATL who would like to meet up sometime in the next month or so, leave a comment.
Travel and change of place impart new vigor to the mind.
- Seneca

8 comments:

chris said...

Best of luck with the new gig. May the road rise to meet you and may you get your asking price for your old home

Tacitus said...

Belly of the Beast. Be Wary.

Tacitus

Hat Trick said...

If you can work out the commute VA is much more firearm friendly.

doubletrouble said...

You'll be back in your Blogfather's neighborhood!

libertyman said...

This move will increase exponentially the likelihood of get togethers. Great news, and best of luck!

Eagle said...

Uh oh... you're moving northerly... they get SNOW in DC!

Tom Lindsay said...

I'd love to get together, drop me a note.

.45ACP+P said...

Seconding what hat trick says. That Potomac River separates the free world from the insane world. Stay South!