Did you ever think you would see the day when the GOP front-runner rarely uttered the words “freedom” and “liberty”?Yeah, well so what? Since when has the Republican Party stood for freedom and liberty?
Perhaps some Republicans can be accused of loving liberty and freedom too much — or at least using those words as rhetorical crutches. Donald Trump is not one of them. The current GOP presidential front-runner rarely uses the words “freedom” or “liberty” in his remarks at all.
- USA Patriot Act rushed into law in 45 days after 9/11, containing a grab bag of power for the Police State - thank you, GOP.
- NSA domestic surveillance using secret warrants in a secret court, started under a GOP administration. And this super spying couldn't prevent the Ft. Hood massacre or the Boston Marathon bombing. Thank you, GOP.
- General Clapper perjured himself under oath before Congress denying domestic spying. He's still a free man man. Thank you, GOP.
- The TSA gropes my junk every time I fly. The TSA was started under a Republican administration. Thank you, GOP.
- Lois Learner is still a free woman. The GOP won't do anything about it, because they hate the Tea Party. Thanks, guys.
- Republicans swept to control of Congress promising to repeal Obamacare, which tells me that I have to purchase as much of a product that I don't want as the Fed.Gov says. The GOP won't do anything about it. Thanks, guys.
And nobody at National Review has the two brain cells it took to rub together to arrive at this conclusion? Good golly.