Sunday, March 15, 2009

Mighty Linux admins from little acorns grow

New EeePC just arrived, and it's now set up as dual-boot XP and eeBuntu. #1 Son and I have been doing it together, as it's a good skill set for him to have, and I just like spending the time with him.

This morning, he was going to add my account on eeBuntu. Not finding the right graphical app, he dropped into a command shell and typed sudo adduser ted. I never showed him that, he figured it out all by himself. I'm so dang proud I could bust.

Not my EeePC in the pic - I'll post on it until y'all wished I'd stop - but just like the idea of Metasploit on this tiny thing. Sort of like a snubby in .357. Heh.

5 comments:

AnarchAngel said...

Dude, same brain sysndrome:

Trying out the Ubunto Netbook Remix

Anonymous said...

That's my system!
I'm on a 1000HA right now on the eeebuntu side of the drive.

I'm really enjoying it.

Later,

AnarchAngel said...

Ok, the netbook remix is still too heavyweight. I'mna try eeebuntu

Antonia - Beauty Health Finance and Green Issues Editor said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Antonia - Beauty Health Finance and Green Issues Editor said...

Thanks for this post. I drop by from time to time to read your security posts.