Saturday, March 7, 2009

That's one elusive creature

In a fit of generosity, JayG invited me to the range. After an evening of turning propellant into noise, we returned to base camp at Casa G.

We managed not to hit this.


I remember growing up in the middle of Maine, and we hardly ever saw a deer. Today in the Boston suburbs, they're thick as thieves. Want to feed the hungry of Massachusetts? Give them some 30-30. Just sayin'.

Photo taken on the iPhone by Jay, high beams by Ted. It's not quite a Blackfork deer cam, but we had to improvise.

And yes, the title is from the Ron White bit about (not) hunting.

4 comments:

Jay G said...

With G-d as my witness, my hand went to my Glock. I had a fleeting thought about poaching...

Home on the Range said...

My daughter recently graduated from Boston University. I was always surprised, when I visited there, how many deer there were around.

Nice photo.

Borepatch said...

Brigid, I'm continually amazed at how numerous - and how brazen - the deer are here. They're a pest. I hit one a few months back, slow enough that the car wasn't damaged, but still.

But thanks. Jay took the picture.

Jay G said...

I just had to shoot it. And the camera was a lot less noisy... ;)