Wednesday, March 25, 2009

See Dick. See Dick get directions from his GPS.

See Dick almost drive off a cliff. But there's an explanation, really:

Jones explained: "It [the satnav] kept insisting the path was a road, even as it was getting narrower and steeper. I just trusted it. You don't expect to be taken nearly off a cliff.

"I rely on my satnav. I couldn't do without it for my job, and this is the first time anything like this has ever happened. I guess I'm just lucky the car didn't slip all the way over the edge but it's been a bit of a nightmare."

Lucky.

Fortunately, Police Constable Plod is on the case:
A police spokesman concluded: "Nobody was hurt, but when someone nearly drives off a cliff it shows a lack of care which needs to be investigated."
Lack of care? Boy, howdy.

3 comments:

none said...

I bet his buddies are going to give him shit for this for quite some time.

Anonymous said...

I've heard a number of stories like that from the UK. The oddest one, without a doubt, was the village that asked that it be removed from GPS road databases because of all the big trucks that were being routed through its narrow streets and getting stuck.

None that I can recall from the US, though. Odd, that. Are things like that not happening here, or do they just not get reported when they do happen?

(how appropriate: the verifier word is 'carcomet')

Unknown said...

"...when someone nearly drives off a cliff it shows a lack of care which needs to be investigated."

And what exactly is he to be charged with? Supidity? Last time I checked that wasn't against the law.